In an introductory lecture, our partner Deloitte will underline the importance of understanding KPI’s to make appropriate financial and commercial decisions. Students will visit the LaM.U brewery, apply the concepts in international teams and run their own company in a competitive environment playing the Kalypso business simulation game.
During the game, students recognise the consequences of their decisions on the profitability and the cash-flow of their firm.
They learn in practice
• to evaluate the market position of their firm,
• to calculate the impact of decisions,
• to draw up a flexible business strategy to be successful in their business game.
Develop technical skills
• Understand the importance of measuring performance by relevant kpi’s
• Take financial decisions according to the forecasted treasury
• Take commercial decisions according to your market and your strategy
• Take managerial decisions to optimize your organization
Work in an international environment
• Work in international teams with students from different institutions over the world
• Develop a better intercultural understanding
• Practice your English
• Decision making capacity
• European drink
• Closing dinner
Where are we located ?
This week is organized on our campus of Louvain-la-Neuve , located at the heart of Brussels, 20 km south of Brussels.
You can arrive by by plane (Brussels, Airport Zaventem or Brussels South), by train or by bus.
When you arrive in Brussels Airport, you’ll have to take a train to Ottignies (look for end-destinations Namur or Luxembourg). In Ottignies, take the train to Louvain-la-Neuve (= 10 minutes).
When you arrive in Brussels South Airport, you’ll have to take a shuttle to Bruxelles-midi / Brussel-Zuid. There you’ll have to take a train to Ottignies (look for end-destinations Namur or Luxembourg). In Ottignies, take the train to Louvain-la-Neuve (= 10 minutes).
Students are accommodated in Adeps Center which is within walking distance of our university college (10 minutes walk). Rooms are for 4 students maximum.
Cost and registration
Registration costs amount to 230 € including
• Full board (breakfast, lunch and dinner)
• Login for the Business Game
• Lecture and working sessions
• All social activities included in the programme
• Accommodation in hostel (10 minutes from campus by foot) (5 nights)
Registrations are open until January 31, 2020. They will be handled on a first come first served basis. In order to promote the international aspect of the event, the number of participating students is limited to 5 per institution.