Belgium is a kingdom situated in the heart of Europe, a federal state and a constitutional parliamentary monarchy. It has three official languages spoken: Dutch (or Flemish) in Flanders (the north of the country), French in Wallonia (the south) and German in the « Eastern Cantons » near the German border.
Some areas, like the Region of Brussels-Capital, have a bilingual status. Belgium is therefore at the crossroads of Europe and its various cultures.
Brussels, the Heart of Europe
Belgium was one of the founding members of the European Union so it was logical that Brussels should become the political and administrative centre of the Union. Over a thousand international agencies (including NATO) are based or represented in Brussels, which plays host to over 150 embassies along with some 600 international press agencies.
Spirit of Brussels
EPHEC IN BRIEF
- stands for Ecole Pratique des Hautes Etudes Commerciales (EPHEC University College)
- is situated on 3 different campuses, 2 in Brussels and 1 in Louvain-la-Neuve
- offers practical education at Bachelor Degree level (3 years) and counts over 4.500 full-time students
- was granted the extended Erasmus University Charter (Erasmus+) and uses the ECTS system
REGULAR ACADEMIC PROGRAMMES
The following bachelor degrees are offered at EPHEC :
THE INTERNATIONAL DIMENSION
Please find herewith our International brochure in English
- EPHEC has about 100 ERASMUS partners (Erasmus + programme) in Europe
- EPHEC has signed academic agreements with University Colleges in the Flemish Community (ERASMUS BELGICA)
- EPHEC has further academic partnerships with institutions in Australia, Canada, China, Brazil, Chile, India, Mexico, Russia and the USA
- EPHEC is a member of several European or international associations (BUSINET, LEONET, EDCOM ...)
- EPHEC organises “International Project Weeks”
- EPHEC students carry out integrated fieldwork exchange projects and business missions abroad
- EPHEC sends students for work placements in companies in over 30 countries
OUR NETWORK OF INTERNATIONAL PARTNERS
Our Institution fully subscribes to the Bologna process and has been granted an extended Erasmus University Charter under the ERASMUS + scheme of the European Commission (for the period 2014-2021).
Harmonizing our curricula with those of our numerous partner institutions abroad has enabled us to promote incoming and outgoing mobility but also to improve the quality of our teaching thanks to positive confrontation.
Ephec welcomes each year about 125 exchange students (incoming mobility) and sends 250 students abroad (outgoing mobility).
PRACTICAL INFORMATION, ACADEMIC CALENDAR & REGISTRATION PROCESS
EPHEC University College is pleased to welcome exchange students from its partner institutions in the framework of:
- the Erasmus+ mobility programme of the European Commission,
- the Belgian Erasmus Belgica exchange scheme,
- through various other particular bilateral agreements
If you feel like planning an exchange study period with us next academic year (Fall and/or Spring semester), we invite you to carefully read our international Student Guide
If you wish to study at EPHEC, you will have the possibility to choose between :
- Courses in English (Erasmus modules and/or regular modules with Belgian students)
- Courses in French (regular modules with Belgian students)
- Courses in French + courses in English
See the section ‘COURSES IN ENGLISH AVAILABLE FOR GUEST STUDENTS’ below
- The FALL Semester starts on 15th September and ends after the semester exams on 16st January. Semestrial exams will run between 7th January and 18st January.
- The SPRING Semester starts on January 28st. It ends around 24th June. Semester exams will run between 30th May and 21th June.
Deadlines to send nominations for the
- Fall semester: by 15th of May.
- Spring semester: by 1st of December.
Further information will be provided by your home university and by EPHEC International Office after nomination.
COURSES IN ENGLISH AVAILABLE FOR GUEST STUDENTS
Students can choose courses fully taught in English.
You will be in the heart of Europe with a group of international (and, in some cases, Belgian) students who will develop International Business skills, People skills, European skills and Language skills.
Please find hereafter the:
- List of courses in English Fall Semester
- List of courses in English Spring Semester
- Course descriptors Fall + Spring Semesters
Courses mentioned as « ERA modules » are courses taught exclusively to exchange students and only on our Brussels (Woluwé) campus.
Courses mentioned as « REG modules » are regular courses taught with Belgian students in our different departments.
COURSES IN FRENCH AVAILABLE FOR GUEST STUDENTS
Pour suivre les cours en français, les étudiants d’échange doivent avoir une très bonne connaissance (min. B2) du français.
La liste de cours en français par département, disponibles aux étudiants d’échange, sont consultables ici :
Liste des cours en français pour étudiants d’échange
FURTHER INFORMATION AND CONTACT
Discover news, pictures & videos, ads and tips on our exchange students facebook page:
International office (incoming mobility)
Mr Frédéric SIMONIS
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
Office B24 in our Brussels campus (Avenue K. Adenauer 3 – 1200 WOLUWE-SAINT-LAMBERT)
Tel : 02/775.97.75