EPHEC IN BRIEF
- stands for Ecole Pratique des Hautes Etudes Commerciales (EPHEC University College)
- is situated on 4 different campuses, 3 in Brussels and 1 in Louvain-la-Neuve (30 km south of Brussels)
- offers practical education at Bachelor Degree level (3 years) and counts over 4.500 full-time students
- was granted the extended Erasmus University Charter (Erasmus+) and uses the ECTS system
OUR REGULAR ACADEMIC PROGRAMMES
EPHEC is renowned for its bachelor degrees
BRUSSELS WOLUWE (main campus)
- International trade
BRUSSELS SCHAERBEEK & AUDERGHEM
OUR PEDAGOGICAL APPROACH
OUR NETWORK OF INTERNATIONAL PARTNERS
Our Institution fully subscribes to the Bologna process and has been granted an extended Erasmus University Charter under the ERASMUS + scheme of the European Commission (for the period 2014-2021).
Harmonizing our curricula with those of our numerous partner institutions abroad has enabled us to promote incoming and outgoing mobility but also to improve the quality of our teaching thanks to positive confrontation.
THE INTERNATIONAL DIMENSION
Please find herewith our International brochure in English
- EPHEC has about 100 ERASMUS partners (Erasmus + programme) in Europe
- EPHEC has signed academic agreements with University Colleges in the Flemish Community (ERASMUS BELGICA)
- EPHEC has further academic partnerships with institutions in Australia, Canada, China, Brazil, Chile, India, Mexico, Russia, South Korea and the USA
- EPHEC is a member of several European or international associations (BUSINET, LEONET, EDCOM ...)
- EPHEC organizes "INTERNATIONAL PROJECT WEEKS"
- EPHEC students carry out integrated fieldwork exchange projects and business missions abroad
- EPHEC sends students for work placements in companies in over 30 countries
BELGIUM & BRUSSELS AT THE HEART OF EUROPE
Belgium is a kingdom situated in the heart of Europe, a federal state and a constitutional parliamentary monarchy. It has three official languages spoken: Dutch (or Flemish) in Flanders (the north of the country), French in Wallonia (the south) and German in the « Eastern Cantons » near the German border.
Some areas, like the Region of Brussels-Capital, have a bilingual status. Belgium is therefore at the crossroads of Europe and its various cultures.
BRUSSELS, THE HEART OF EUROPE
Belgium was one of the founding members of the European Union so it was logical that Brussels should become the political and administrative centre of the Union. Over a thousand international agencies (including NATO) are based or represented in Brussels, which plays host to over 150 embassies along with some 600 international press agencies.
SPIRIT OF BRUSSELS
The spirit of Brussels is the fruit of centuries of various cultural influences from all over Europe and it seems as if its population has always known how to turn these inputs into a comparative advantage. Brussels was thebirthplace or home to great artists and humanists like Bruegel, Erasmus, Magritte, Horta, Brel, Yourcenar or cartoonist Hergé (of Tintin fame) and its town square (the « Grand-Place ») is one of the most enchanting in the world.