1.    Student nomination

To study at EPHEC, students have to be officially nominated by their home institution, which must have signed a student mobility agreement with EPHEC.

Nominations should be sent by the international Coordinator of our partner institution, to Mr Frédéric Simonis (f.simonis@ephec.be), together with the « Nomination form » duly completed.

Download the nomination form

The deadlines to be nominated are :

  • 15 May for the Fall Semester (September - January)
  • 15 November for the Spring Semester (February - June)

A confirmation will be sent with relevant information for the application procedure.

2.    Online Registration and application documents

Once students have been duly nominated by their home institution, they have to register online and upload the requested application documents to complete their registration.

Access the online registration website

The deadlines to register online and upload the registration documents are:

  • 1 June 2021 for the Fall Semester (September - January)
  • 1 December 2021 for the Spring Semester (February - June)

The requested application documents to be uploaded online are:

  • Letter of motivation in English (pdf)
  • A CV in English (pdf)
  • A passport photo (colour with solid background named as follows Last_Name_First_Name.jpg)
  • A copy of your passport or, failing that, a copy of your identity card
  • A copy of your international health insurance
  • if you are from a European Union member state, you do not need additional health insurance. You can apply for a "European Health Insurance Card" which simplifies the process for obtaining medical assistance abroad (for more information see 6. Health Insurance below)
  • Proof of language skills
    • Courses in French (Regular programme): minimum B2 level as defined by the CEFR (Common European Framework of Reference for languages)
    • Courses in English:
      • minimum B2 level as defined by the CEFR (Common European Framework of Reference for languages)
      • IELTS 5.5
      • TOEFL 82

3.    Learning Agreement

  • If you are an ERASMUS+ student, request your Learning Agreement from your coordinator: you will need it in order to obtain an ERASMUS+ grant
  • All other students: please return the EPHEC Course List

4.    Letter of acceptance

Students will receive by e-mail an official letter of acceptance after full completion of the previous steps.

5.    Visa procedure

You do not need a visa if you are a citizen of one of the 28 countries of the European Union, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Monaco, Norway or Switzerland. All other students will have to apply for a visa at their local Belgian embassy or consulate.

The required documents that you will have to prepare are the following:

  • a passport valid for at least 15 months
  • the visa application form, duly completed, dated and signed in duplicate
  • two recent photos (ID card size) signed on the back
  • a certificate of good conduct (for students 21 years of age and older) or an extract from the criminal record
  • a recent medical certificate (required form)
  • proof that the applicant has sufficient means of subsistence to cover the total cost of the stay (parent, guarantor, scholarship)
  • a certificate of acceptance provided by the University certifying that the student is registered as a regular student or that he/she is admitted to register as such.

As far as the proof of sufficient financial means, there are two possible ways to prove you have sufficient financial means.

1. Proof of Solvency: a proof of your own financial means by transferring a certain amount to the bank account administered by EPHEC. In this case, you’ll have to transfer the appropriate amount (fixed by law) on the account of EPHEC University College that will turn forward this amount on a monthly basis to your personal bank account in Belgium.

Please note that the purpose of this procedure is to obtain a visa and that the mentioned amounts are not sufficient to cover all living expenses in Belgium. If you are interested to use this procedure, please contact Mr Simonis, Administrative officer in charge of incoming students, at f.simonis@ephec.be

2. The form 'the commitment that charge will be taken' (in French: Engagement de Prise en charge (Annexe 32); in Dutch: Verbintenis tot Tenlasteneming (Bijlage 32)), which is available at the Belgian Embassy or Consulate. This must be completed and signed by, for example, your parents, relatives or your private sponsors who must avail of sufficient income. Belgian law requires that this person, your guarantor, must be able to show that he or she earns at least 1.330,74 € a month plus 150 € per person who is legally dependent on him or her. Then, still in addition to this, your guarantor's income must avail of 679 € per month for you.

The Belgian Consulate or Embassy has the authority to require official proofs of your guarantor's income and to investigate this accordingly. It is recommended that you include these proofs already when you submit the form. In this document, your guarantors declare that they agree to shoulder the following costs: your health expenses, your stay in Belgium, your studies, and your return to your home country, for at least one academic year. An option is also provided in the document for your guarantors to shoulder the costs for the entire duration of your studies in Belgium.

The document must be legalised by the Belgian Consulate or Embassy.

Please note that the amounts mentioned above are subject to increase per year according to the Belgium state's index calculations. In this regard, please verify with the Belgian Consulate or Embassy in your home country as to the current required amounts.
In case of doubt, the Belgian Consulate or Embassy in your home country will inform you as to what form of the proof of solvency is acceptable and what procedures to follow.

6.    Health Insurance

In Belgium, students must be covered by health insurance. This insurance offers excellent cover for your medical or pharmaceutical costs or in the event of hospitalisation.

  • Students from the European Union, Switzerland, Norway or Liechtenstein are covered by the social security system in their country of origin. Before leaving their country, they must obtain a European Health Insurance Card (EHIC). Students may also contract an insurance policy specifically covering their stay abroad from an insurance company of their choosing.
  • Students from countries outside the European Union who are covered by healthcare insurance in their country of origin must liaise with their insurer to ascertain whether the company operates in Belgium within the context of international agreements. If this is not the case, students can take out an insurance policy covering their stay abroad from an insurance company of their choosing. Mutuelle insurance providers are legally authorised to insure foreign students for healthcare provision.

Please find information about the Health insurance companies : CM website in English and here

Register with a health insurance agency. To find a nearby office, consult their websites:

7.    Housing

Please refer to the dedicated section « Accommodation & living expenses ».

8.    Studying (course offer)

Please refer to the dedicated section « Course offer ».


↓ Share | Send to a friend ↓