17/02/2020 - 21/02/2020
After the visit to the Bertinchamps brewery and the onsite briefing, students will be challenged in order to develop an innovative business idea that will help Bertinchamps to further grow on the Belgian and International Market.
During this week, a special focus will be put on creativity, innovation and pitching skills, for which students will benefit from the expertise of professionals.
Develop technical skills
- Create business opportunities
- Disrupt a current beer business
- Take commercial decisions according to a defined strategy
- Create a logo
- Develop a sales pitch
Work in an international environment
- Work in international teams with students from different institutions over the world
- Develop a better intercultural understanding
- Practice your English
Develop soft skills
- Team Work
- Going out of your comfort zone
- Pitching skills
- Develop your cross-cultural skills
- Sense of community
- International mindset
- Discover Brussels (visits and game)
- Teambuilding activities
- Activities around beer production
- Brewing visits
- International Food tasting
- Closing dinner
The finalized programme will be posted in October 2019
- International food tasting
- Visit of our partner brewery: Bertimchamps and tasting
- Workshop: “How to develop Creativity”
- Workshops and innovation and pitching skills
- Teambuilding activity
- Finalizing the pitches
- Final pitches (jury), distribution of awards and walking dinner
- Teambuilding activity
- Closing lunch, distribution of the certificates and souvenir group pictures
JACQUES BREL YOUTH HOSTEL
The Jacques Brel Youth Hostel is within walking distance from Central Station and the Grand Place. This means an easy access to the numerous monuments, museums and attractions of the Capital of Europe. The hostel is renowned for its international atmosphere and lively bar. It’s the right place to improve your international networking !
HOW TO GET TO THE HOSTEL?
The hostel is within walking distance from the railway station Brussels Central (1,1km - 15 minutes). From the airport, take the train to the station Brussels Central. There are frequent train services (3 or 4 per hour) taking you to this station. It takes around 18 minutes. The price is 8,60 €. Brussels Central Station is the first stop after Brussels North.
If you want to reduce your walking time (500 m – 6 minutes), you can take the Metro from Brussels Central to Metro station Madou (Blue line) and walk from Madou to the hostel.
The week is organized on our Campus of Brussels. Address: Avenue Konrad Adenauer, 3 - 1200 Brussels
HOW TO GET FROM THE HOSTEL TO THE EPHEC CAMPUS?
The easiest option is to use the metro line n°1 (purple colour) which terminates east in Stokkel.
From Central Station, you should get off at Alma or Vandervelde station. Then it is only 4 minutes walk to EPHEC.
You can also use the metro from Madou (blue line n°6). You then have to change line at Arts-Loi and take the line n°1, direction Stokkel.
Cost and registration
Registration costs amount to 200 € including
• Accommodation (4 nights)
• Participation at all the activities and related transport
• Evening walking dinner on Thursday.
Registrations are open until December 31, 2020. They will be handled on a first come first served basis. In order to promote the international aspect of the event, the number of participating students is limited to 4 per institution.