Business Case Study on the Belgian Beer Market :
How to help a Belgian Brewery to develop its diversification strategy through innovative ideas?
Department of Accounting Studies
Brussels, March 18th-March 22nd 2019
The“Department of Accounting studies”at EPHEC University College in Brussels is pleased to announce its International Business Week taking place from 18 to 22 March 2019.
The topic of this event will be focusing on the Belgian Beer Market and will give the students a great opportunity to work on a case study submitted by the CFO of Bertinchamps, a booming Belgian Family Brewery.
Apart from this case study, you will also attend lectures/workshops in relation to the case study and the beer market, take part in a brewing workshop and visit Brussels.
The JACQUES BREL YOUTH HOSTEL is within walking distance from Central Station and the Grand Place. This means an easy access to the numerous monuments, museums and attractions of the Capital of Europe conveniently situated in the centre of Brussels and renowned for its international atmosphere. A great place to improve your international networking !
Price : 190 EUR, including accommodation, participation in all the activities and related transport, breakfasts, lunches and evening dinner on Thursday.
The deadline for registration is 21st December 2018.
The total number of students is limited to 30. In order to promote the multinational character of the event, the number of participating students is limited to 3 per partner institution.
We also welcome accompanying lecturers expected to either
• coach the mixed working groups of students joining our International Business Week
• deliver a 3-hour seminar related to “Doing business abroad”.
This lecture will feature as part of an International Teaching Week organised at the same time for guest exchange students at EPHEC and contributes to making synergies with the International Business Week
We do not organise accommodation for accompanying lecturers.
Expenses can be covered under Erasmus + STA Teaching mission funds.
You will receive all practical details as soon as your registration has been accepted by our team and upon reception of your students’payment.
For further information or questions, please contact :
Mrs Silvia Payan at email@example.com (for questions related to registration and payment)
or Mrs Clotilde Verhaeghe at firstname.lastname@example.org (for any other questions).
We very much hope to see you next March and look forward to five successful days in Brussels.
The Organisational Team
- 12.00 : Welcome session and “Regional Culinary Specialties Fair”
- Presentation of the Bertinchamps case study : “How to help a Belgian Brewery to develop its diversification strategy through innovative ideas?“
- 14.00 : Departure to the brewery Bertinchamps in Gembloux : visit and tasting.
- 18.00 : Back to the hostel and free evening
- Breakfast at the hostel as from 7.00
- 9.00 : The Belgian Beer market, by Mr Frédéric Simonis
- 10.15 – 12.45 – Workshop : How to develop Creativity?, by Philippe Brasseur
- 13.00 – Lunch at EPHEC : Belgian Food Truck
- 14.00 : Group work on the Bertinchamps case study
- 17.30 : Back to the hostel and free evening
- Breakfast at the hostel as from 7.00
- 9.00 : Lecture: How to pitch a new idea? , by Thibaut Deckers
- 10.15 – 12.15 : Group work on the Bertinchamps case study
- 12.15 : Lunch at EPHEC
- 13.00 : Departure to the Brewery “Brasserie 28” located in the centre of Brussels
- 13.45-17.00 : Entertaining activity “Brew your own beer” + Contest around the designing of your beer label
- Breakfast at the hostel from 7.00
- 9.00-13.00 : Group work on the Bertinchamps case study
- 13.00 : Picnic in a Brussels park and visit
- 15.00-17.00 : Group work on the Bertinchamps case study
- 17.30 : Meet @ La Maison des Brasseurs, located on our prestigious Grand Place !
- Final Group presentations: How to help a Belgian Brewery to develop its diversification strategy through innovative ideas?
- Distribution of awards and walking dinner
- Breakfast at the hostel and check-out
- 10.00 – 15.00 : Visit through Brussels, organised by students of the ISALT School of Tourism
- 15.00: Distribution of the certificates and souvenir group pictures